Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sugar Cookies, Version 2.0

I tried the Sprinkle Bakes sugar cookie recipe (functional link in the previous post). It definitely made tastier cookies than the Williams-Sonoma recipe. However, due to the two additional eggs and two teaspoons of baking powder, they became very...let's say...round, during the baking process! For the most part, they were flat enough to look good iced, but not to be left unadorned. When they puffed up in the oven, the lettering in the cookie dough became too indistinct -- still legible, though not very snazzy-looking.

I had anticipated this problem, but wanted to give the recipe a try as-is first, just to have a baseline for comparison. For my next batch, I will use the basic W-S recipe, but add one extra egg and only one teaspoon of baking powder. This will fall right between the W-S and SB recipes. My hope is that, like Goldilocks, this recipe will be just right -- "fluffy" enough to taste delicious, and firm enough to hold its shape.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment