Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting Started

Why such a long blog title?

I realize it is a mouthful...and takes a certain dexterity to type. But it does sum up quite nicely what I hope to accomplish with this blog -- though "accomplish" does sound a bit like I have a real end point in mind, which is not the case. My primary interests are God, the study of God, and making chocolates -- well, making desserts and baking, to be more exact. I figured "for the love of God and chocolates" sounded better than "for the love of God and baking," or "for the love of God and desserts." Possibly, I sacrificed a modicum of accuracy in my desire to have a better-sounding name. I guess that is the nature of artistic license.

In a few short months, I will begin a Master's program in theology, with the goal of completing a Ph.D. and becoming a Theology professor. Alternately, I may then return to complete law school, or study something else, and/or become a Catholic nun. All I know for sure is that my life is open to many possibilities and new ideas. A practicing Catholic, I am drawn to the contemplative life. I am most definitely a work in progress, and too frequently find myself an "active in contemplation," rather than my ideal of being a "contemplative in action." I have a deep interest in and love for God, which is no less strong for being a relatively recent presence in my life.

As for the chocolates, I am an aspiring baker and dessert-maker who likes few things more than spending days on end in the kitchen. I also cook non-dessert food, but I do gravitate more toward making desserts and baked goods. The precision appeals to me.

More will come later, but this seems to be a good start.

Until next time,

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment